About Destination Milwaukee Inc.
|Destination Milwaukee Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization|
Destination Milwaukee Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization as determined by the Internal Revenue Service. Further, Destination Milwaukee is organized as a Type I Supporting Organization in support of those activities of the Greater Milwaukee Convention & Visitors Bureau Inc., DBA VISIT Milwaukee, a 501c6 non-profit organization, that are deemed charitable in nature.
Destination Milwaukee was incorporated in 1992, and its activities must be carried out and consistent with the corporation’s charitable purposes as stated in the incorporating documents. Such purposes may include, but are not limited to:
- Educating the residents and visitors to the greater Milwaukee area about the diverse cultural, educational, scientific, civic and athletic attractions and events available to the public in the greater Milwaukee area, including such attractions and events that promote local ethnic diversity,
- Lessening the burdens of government by providing information, advice, and assistance to the residents of and visitors to the greater Milwaukee area regarding issues related to tourism, including directions, transportation and safety, and
- Organizing and operating one or more visitors’ centers in the greater Milwaukee area to carry out the purposes described in (1) and (2) above.
Destination Milwaukee activities are managed by the staff and Executive Committee of VISIT Milwaukee.
Mission & Purpose
Destination Milwaukee Inc. will enhance the visitor and resident experience in the Greater Milwaukee Area through activities consistent with its charitable purpose in the following key areas of focus:
- Educational programs, research, conferences, seminars and other dissemination of information related to tourism, tourism economics and destination development
- Continued development, operation, and enhancement of visitor information and way-finding through walk-in information centers, kiosks, and mobile visitor information
- Participation in programs and initiatives that contribute to the development and value of Milwaukee’s tourism assets, including civic, cultural, and multi-cultural destination assets
- Scholarship programs for students enrolled in hospitality management programs at local colleges and universities
Destination Milwaukee Inc. is funded through tax-deductible donations and grants from businesses, individuals, and related foundations and non-profit organizations, as well as through annual fundraising activities.