Plan Your Visit
Millions of people visit the greater Milwaukee area every year.
They come from around the world for all kinds of reasons: attending a business conference; visiting family and friends; taking in the world’s biggest music festival; or simply enjoying the area’s natural beauty and central Midwestern location. Once they’ve been here - and experienced the excitement of our culture, the warmth of our people and beauty of our city - they’re sold. Departing visitors begin to plan their next trips right away. Find out the fastest way to get here, start planning your business event or leisurely getaway, bring the family, and discover for yourself what the Milwaukee experience feels like.
Milwaukee’s nicknamed Cream City because of its distinctive cream colored brick and Brew City because of its rich brewing history.
Milwaukee borders the 22,300 square miles of Lake Michigan. The lake actually touches 14,200 square miles of Wisconsin. The Milwaukee RiverWalk spans nearly 3 miles along the Milwaukee River, taking you through downtown Milwaukee.
- There are 150 restaurants in downtown MKE.
- Milwaukee is home to major festivals and events including Summerfest.
- Experience 17 museums in downtown Milwaukee and 25 including the surrounding counties.
- There are 25 theaters within city limits & a little over 30 in the Greater Milwaukee area.
- Milwaukee is the birthplace of Harley-Davidson.
- Milwaukee has over 150 state and county parks.
- There are 75 golf courses in Southeast WI, 15 of which are in Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee has over 130 miles of bike trails.