The American Family Insurance Amphitheater has long been a Milwaukee icon and has played an integral role in the memories of generations of music fans from across the globe. Opened in 1987, the amphitheater has hosted sold-out shows for the hottest artists and music legends alike. From Tom Petty to Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift to Stevie Wonder, the 23,000 seat Amphitheater has a rich history.
While the Amphitheater’s past may be impressive, it’s future is nothing short of spectacular. Starting in the fall of 2018 and moving through the summer of 2021, the American Family Insurance Amphitheater underwent sweeping renovations to improve both the fan and artist experience, as well as ensure the venue can accommodate all of today’s biggest touring acts. The updated Amphitheater hosts shows during Summerfest and throughout the year. See what’s been announced for the 2021 season below.
The extensive renovations to the American Family Insurance Amphitheater include:
- A portion of the roof was raised from 39 feet to 65 feet to accommodate the largest touring productions and set designs.
- 19 new state-of-the-art dressing rooms and backstage production spaces, including catering and dining facilities.
- A new stage that is removable and flexible in size, configuration, and height, providing flexibility in set design.
- Expanded loading dock space for improved access to load-in and out for touring acts.
Fan Experience Improvements
- Six new high-definition video screens and digital displays throughout the facility.
- A larger concourse area, improving traffic flow.
- New food and beverage offerings on every concourse, creating shorter lines and faster service.
- Reimagined seating configuration, complete with all new seats, to optimize the sight lines and comfort of all fans.
- Accessibility improvements, including a new elevator with access to all concourses.