Northwestern Mutual Community Park Is for All
Henry Maier Festival Park and the Milwaukee community are significantly benefiting from the new Northwestern Mutual Community Park, a colorful playground area offering inclusive and accessible fun for children ages 2 to 12.
Located at the mid gate of the Henry Maier Festival Park, the area welcomes all throughout the summer from, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
If you’re hoping to make plans that last a few hours, you will be thrilled to know the park is close to Lakeshore State Park and Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin, making it possible to enjoy an itinerary that it jam-packed with fun family activities.
Northwestern Mutual Community Park is a champion of inclusivity because of the many features it boasts. Those amenities include:
- Three individual and wheelchair-accessible, quiet rooms, proving a calming environment for children that become overstimulated by noise and the park’s environment. This area is air conditioned.
- Age-appropriate playground equipment on a soft surface. This equipment, which is accessible via ramps, includes interactive musical play pieces.
- Family restrooms that are equipped with changing tables that can accommodate infants, children, and adults.
- A permanent stage structure with seating that allows more than 500 patrons to view the play area.
- A shaded play area devoted to the play of toddlers ages six months to 2 years old.
- A quiet space devoted to mothers who are nursing their children.