Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson sends sausage, cheese to ESPN to head off 'terrible city' repeat
April 25, 2022
In the summer of 2021, the cast of ESPN’s “First Take” referred to Milwaukee (and eventual opposing NBA Finals host city, Phoenix) as a, “terrible city.” Milwaukee’s new mayor, Cavalier Johnson, remembered those remarks and sent the cast gift baskets with a message, “we are a great city.” In the clip, Mayor Johnson highlights Deer District that captivated a global audience, the city’s eclectic dining scene, and the area’s many festivals. VISIT Milwaukee played a role in putting together the gift baskets. See the clip here or check out the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article here.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- 1,570,063 total impressions
- Partner Business Mentions: Colectivo Coffee, Fiserv Forum, Indulgence Chocolatiers – Milwaukee, Lush Popcorn, Milwaukee Bucks, The MECCA Sports Bar & Grill
More Earned Media Highlights
Getting there: Miranda Allison
VISIT Milwaukee’s Miranda Allison was featured on BizTimes’, “Getting There,” series. Miranda describes her path to VISIT Milwaukee, experience in the Marketing world, and more
- 83,659 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: Buffalo Boss, Milwaukee Area Technical College
How Relationships Still Drive Event Bidding Landscape
Flexibility has been crucial to the recovery of sporting events in the age of COVID-19. However, strong relationships have been key to ensuring that these events are a win-win for both the organizers and the destination. Sports Milwaukee’s Marissa Werner describes this symbiosis as a partnership that relies on trust above all else.
- Sports Travel Magazine
- 25,358 total impressions
Today's TMJ4 News Live at 12:00PM: Jake Meister Weekend Preview
VISIT Milwaukee’s Leisure Communications Manager, Jake Meister, gives residents and visitors a rundown of all the weekend’s events and happenings.
- WTMJ-TV WTMJ4
- 37,556 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: Discovery World, Estabrook Beer Garden, On the Bayou MKE, The Brown Bottle, Whitnall Park Beer Garden
Milwaukee Day: City celebrates Brewers, more on 4/1
Milwaukee celebrated a special edition of 414 Day this year. From the swearing in of the city’s first new mayor in nearly 20 years, to a Brewers home opener taking place at exactly 4:14 PM, Milwaukee swelled with local pride. Fox 6 took to the streets to talk to locals to see what they loved most about the 414.
- WITI-TV Fox 6
- 981,306 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: American Family Field, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Milwaukee Bucks
Article originally published on 4/25/22