VISIT Milwaukee Hosts its largest celebration to-date of National Travel & Tourism Week in honor of bureau's 55th Anniversary
May 2, 2022
VISIT Milwaukee announced its plans last week for its most ambitious National Travel and Tourism Week to date. Highlighting travel & tourism’s impact on the Milwaukee community, the organization is celebrating the week with special events and giveaways to underscore the importance that different areas of travel and tourism make throughout our communities, city, and state. To see the week’s events, or to learn more about the role tourism plays in our economy, check out the article here.
- Urban Milwaukee
- 334,971 total impressions
- Partner Business Mentions: 3rd Street Market Hall, American Family Field, Wisconsin Center
More Earned Media Highlights
Why This Mallard Duck Statue Is a Must-see Stop on Any Trip to Milwaukee
In the darkest days of World War II, a mallard and her brood took residence on the Wisconsin Avenue bridge. Offering a much-needed spotlight in the lives of locals and visitors alike, the community came together to ensure the safety of the brood, providing a heartwarming story for the ages. Now memorialize on the Wisconsin Avenue bridge, Gertie the duck drove an estimated 2 million visitors to the downtown area.
- Travel + Leisure
- 5,764,347 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: Milwaukee County Historical Society
Milwaukee Tonight: Lindsey McKee Weekend Preview
VISIT Milwaukee’s Meetings & Conventions Communications Manager, Lindsey McKee, gives TMJ4 a rundown of the weekend’s happenings and events around Milwaukee.
- WTMJ-TV TMJ4
- 23,777 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: Arts @ Large, Inc., Milwaukee Film Office, The Abbey Resort
Meet first group of Milwaukee Business Journal's 2022 Women of Influence winners
Vice President of Sales, Leslie Johnson was named to the Milwaukee Business Journals list of Women of Influence last week. Celebrating women throughout Southeastern Wisconsin who make a major impact, Leslie was nominated for her efforts in the Behind-the-Scenes category.
- Milwaukee Business Journal
- 19,301 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: America's Black Holocaust Museum, BMO Harris Bank, Marcus Performing Arts Center, Marquette University, Northwestern Mutual, Wisconsin Center
The Most Exciting New Developments in Milwaukee Right Now
From the Trade Milwaukee hotel to the Wisconsin Center expansion, Milwaukee is lush with development. VISIT Milwaukee’s Leslie Johnson sat down with Meetings Today to discuss the city’s growth and the positive impact it has on attracting meetings and conventions to Milwaukee.
- Meetings Today
- 8,318 total impressions
- Partners Mentioned: America's Black Holocaust Museum, Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery, Bottle House 42, Bronzeville Collective MKE, Deer District, Fiserv Forum, Good City Brewing Downtown, Hyatt Place Milwaukee Downtown, Jewels Caribbean Restaurant, Marriott Tribute Portfolio, Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Milwaukee Brewing Company, Milwaukee Bucks, No Studios, Northwestern Mutual, On the Bayou MKE, Photoverse Selfie Museum, Road America, The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, The MECCA Sports Bar & Grill, The Trade Milwaukee, Wisconsin Center, Wisconsin Center District
Article originally published on 5/6/22