Coming Together As A Community
Milwaukeeans are getting creative when it comes to finding hope in these challenging times.
- We all miss "normal" fall activities, and the great folks at State Fair are bringing a little festive spirit back to the season. Beginning in October, cream puff fans will be able to drive up to State Fair Park and pick up pumpkin spice cream puffs to enjoy at home.
- The group behind El Conquistador news has launched a crowd-funding campaign for a mural that highlights Milwaukee’s Puerto Rican community.
- The Boys and Girls Club’s Davis Dancers made an adorable video promoting hand-washing set to the musical stylings of Danny Gokey.
- OnMilwaukee has a great roundup of all of the local places to buy face masks.
- The Milwaukee Bucks launched BucksPlay, a content hub to keep us all connected with our favorite basketball players.
- A growing group of independently owned restaurants have come together to form the Milwaukee Independent Restaurant Coalition to better advocate for themselves and share information.
- Gothic Milwaukee has launched a fantastic scavenger hunt you can do while walking through Milwaukee. A printable version can be found here.
- Milwaukee’s National Bobblehead Hall of Fame & Museum is making Dr. Anthony Fauci bobbleheads and $5 for every one sold will go toward the American Hospital Association’s 100 million masks challenge.
- UPDATE: In one week, the Dr. Anthony Fauci bobbleheads raised $100,000 for the American Hospital Association’s 100 million masks challenge.