WHAT TO EXPECT
Milwaukee is no stranger to hosting citywide events and celebrations, but here are a few tips if you're planning to travel to the area during the DNC.
- Make your travel plans early! The convention will welcome 50,000 visitors to Milwaukee, so the city will be bustling.
- Over 1,500 events will be planned throughout the region in just four days. Call ahead to attractions and restaurants to confirm public hours.
- Hotel rooms will be used in the Greater Milwaukee area, as well as regionally, from Kohler to Madison to Lake Geneva and will be assigned by the DNCC. If you are coming to Milwaukee and not attending the convention, you may need to consider alternative housing options during your stay.
- The initial security footprint will be from Cherry Street to Clybourn Street, and from 10th Street to Water Street. This footprint is subject to change.
- Think creatively about downtown transportation - Milwaukee's streetcar The Hop or bike share program are easy, convenient ways to get around!
Interested in volunteering, but not sure where to start? Learn more and register here.
Keep up with the latest Milwaukee 2020 news:
Twitter: @milwaukee2020 and @DemConvention
Facebook: Milwaukee 2020 and DemConvention
Instagram: @milwaukee_2020 and @DemConvention
LinkedIn: Milwaukee 2020 Host Committee