WHAT TO EXPECT
Milwaukee is no stranger to hosting citywide events and celebrations, but here are a few tips if you're planning to travel to the area during the DNC.
- Democratic National Convention Schedule. Though subject to change, the DNC schedule is available online.
- Places to Stay. With over 17,000 hotel rooms throughout the Greater Milwaukee area, there are plenty of options.
- Security Zone Footprint. Though subject to change, several streets surrounding the Wisconsin Center will be closed. Sections of West Wells Street, Wisconsin Avenue, North 6th Street, North 5th Street, North 4th Street, and West Michigan Street are included in the closures as well as North I-43 entrance and exit ramps.
- Mask Mandate. Masks are now required in the City of Milwaukee.
- Getting Around. Downtown Milwaukee is compact and walkable. Need to go farther? There are several convenient ways to get around!
- Explore MKE. With thousands of acres of parklands and beaches, hundreds of miles of lakeshore, bike trails, and rivers to explore, and plenty of beer gardens, outdoor art displays, and alfresco dining options, Milwaukee is a Midwest gem.
- Plan Ahead. Call ahead to attractions and restaurants to confirm public hours and COVID-19 guidelines for admission.
CAN’T ATTEND IN PERSON?
BE A PART OF THE DNC VIRTUALLY
- The “Convention Across America” is based in Milwaukee, but you can Watch the Convention and Get Involved from anywhere.
- Virtually Visit Milwaukee with this collection of activities and experiences from Brew City attractions.
- Follow Us on social media at handles @VISITMilwaukee, @Milwaukee2020, and @DemConvention as well as using hashtags #VISITMKE, #Milwaukee2020, and #DemConvention.