State Education Convention Brings Together School Leaders
Gov. Walker scheduled to speak Jan. 19
The 97th State Education Convention, sponsored by the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB), the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators (WASDA) and the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials (WASBO), will take place Jan. 17-19 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee.
Highlights of the 97th State Education Convention:
- State Superintendent Tony Evers, 10 am, Wednesday, Jan. 17, Ballroom CD, Wisconsin Center.
- Keynote: Ravi Hutheesing, 11 am, Wednesday, Jan. 17, Ballroom CD, Wisconsin Center. A cultural diplomat for the U.S. State Department, Ravi shot to fame in the 1990s as a guitarist for the triple Grammy nominee band Hanson. Ravi’s philosophies and strategies aim to bridge generational and cultural divides.
- MPS Education Tour, 9-11:15 am, Thursday, Jan. 18, Washington High School of Information Technology. Convention attendees will tour Milwaukee Public Schools’ ProStart two-year culinary curriculum. A hands-on curriculum created by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation for high school students, ProStart features real-world culinary arts and food service management opportunities.
- Keynote: Dr. Bill Daggett, 4 pm, Thursday, Jan. 18, Ballroom CD, Wisconsin Center. Recognized worldwide for his proven ability to move education systems forward, Dr. Daggett inspires educators to embrace what is best in our education system and make the changes needed for the 21st century.
- Gov. Scott Walker, 10:45 am, Friday, Jan. 19, Ballroom AB, Wisconsin Center.
- Keynote: Alton Fitzgerald White, 11 am, Friday, Jan. 19, Ballroom AB, Wisconsin Center. A record-setting, triple-talented singer, actor and dancer who has starred in six smash Broadway hits, Alton uses the “power of redefining service” to bring his best to every performance.
To attend any of the events, members of the media must request permission from WASB Director of Communications Sheri Krause – [email protected] or 608.333.9075.
The annual Joint State Education Convention features nationally renowned keynote speakers and dozens of sessions featuring Wisconsin school districts. The event also brings hundreds of organizations that serve public education to the convention’s Exhibit Hall.
For more information, visit the State Education Convention website.