Designed after St. Peter's in Rome. Built in 1901 by immigrants and craftsmen with materials from a demolished Chicago post office. Designated a historical landmark. Donations suggested.
Tours: Mon-Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Visitors should enter through the rear door (accessed from the parking lot) of the John Paul II Pavilion west of the Basilica. To arrive in time to complete our new Audio Tour, visitors should plan to arrive no later than 2:15 p.m.