Position Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Date Posted: 6/18/2013
VISIT Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing with demonstrated integrated marketing experience and a proven track record of success in developing and executing marketing strategies.
Under the direction of the department’s Vice President, the Director of Marketing provides leadership and strategy for VISIT Milwaukee’s marketing efforts, and is responsible for the execution of all marketing programs. This position is responsible for identifying marketing opportunities and developing short and long-term marketing strategies with the objective of attracting overnight business in the meetings/convention and leisure markets. Directs and implements all VISIT Milwaukee convention and leisure marketing initiatives for coordinated advertising, promotional and digital strategies in support of strategic objectives. Maintains and develops partnerships that support VISIT Milwaukee marketing efforts. This position is responsible for the effective management of internal marketing staff and external vendors. The Director of Marketing also serves as the primary interface with VISIT Milwaukee’s advertising agency.
Click here for full job description.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis in marketing, communications, business or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum ten years of related experience in a marketing management position, including integrated marketing strategies and supervisory experience.
- Experience with marketing agencies, graphic and website designers, printers and related marketing/advertising vendors.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Extensive marketing technology knowledge, including integrated digital marketing strategies, Google analytics, SEO/SEM, both paid and organic, web properties and publishing platforms (CMS).
- Demonstrated ability in planning, execution, and measurement of integrated marketing strategies and tactics to meet results.
- Experience with traditional media.
- Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking and execution.
- Superior project management skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative decision making process under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated effective presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and write effective proposals, reports, grant requests and business correspondence.
- Proven skills in leadership, mentoring, and motivating others.
- Analytical thinker with strong financial and budget management skills. Past experience with IEG valuations a plus.
- Experience with MS Office applications and CRM databases
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends. Travel in personal automobile and airplane will be required for company business.
Pay Rate/Benefits: VISIT Milwaukee offers a competitive salary based on experience, and an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please send letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Director of Administration
648 North Plankinton Avenue Suite 425
Milwaukee, WI 53203
No phone calls please
VISIT Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer.