In 1902, an ambitious young German immigrant, Charles Mader, poured his life savings into a speculative venture - Mader's Restaurant opened. Before the Wright Brothers' and before Henry Ford's Model T, Mader sold cold steins of Cream City beer at 3 cents, two for 5 cents and with a beer, lunch was free.
Presidents and Celebrities
Mader's has served more U.S. presidents than all other Wisconsin restaurants combined, including Ronald Reagan and JFK. Celebrities include John Wayne, ZZ Top, Frank Sinatra, Alicia Keys, Audrey Hepburn, Stevie Wonder and many more. Signed photos are seen throughout Mader's.
Medieval Art - Free Tours in English or German
Mader's contains a $4,000,000,000 collection of medieval suits of armor, weapons, oil paintings and stained glass. You'll step back to the 1200's that era of the "joust". Mader's offers free tours.
In-House Private Parties
Mader's Banquet Service caters to events from 10 to 330 guests and cocktail receptions from 10 to 600 guests. We'll customize our banquet hall to meet your needs. We focus on the details so you can relax and enjoy your event. We offer complimentary amenities including valet parking, coat check, wheel chair accessibility, and a dedicated manager to fulfill your every request.
Cuisine ~ Groups ~ Catering
Although we're known for German fare, we'll prepare any meal to suit your budget. We've served the Presidents of the United States, corporate groups, weddings, social events, and field trips.
Our catering customer list includes the board of directors Midwest Airlines, board of directors of Manpower Inc., board Miller Brewing, plus private catering for 150 guests plus for these celebrities Bon Jovi, John Mayer, Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, Queen, ZZ Top, Stone Temple Pilots, KISS, No Doubt, Chicago, Earth, Wind and Fire, Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kid Rock.
Mader's Gallery is the world's largest Hummel figurine and German beer stein store.
A separate bar with hearty German beers like: Franziskaner Weiss Beer, Spaten Opptimator, Berliner Heff Weiss and many import and domestic beers. Specialty drinks, single malt scotch whiskeys, cognacs, ports and sherry are available. A lighter bar menu in an atmosphere of a traditional German pub is available.
See more of Wisconsin's most celebrated restaurant at www.madersrestaurant.com.
● free valet parking
● leave your car after dinner when you visit the Fiserv Forum, nearby theaters other downtown venues.
● dine amidst a four million $ medieval art collection
● complimentary tours for your group or field trip
● children's menu
● Sunday Viennese brunch 11a.m.-2 p.m.
● Knight's Bar
● daily happy hour specials
● 12 draught beers, 50 beers total
● award winning wine list
● open 365 days
● visit Mader's Tower Gallery open every day
● dining rooms for parties from 10 to 350
● outstanding catering (see a list of our catering customers below on within our restaurant data
* Voted Best Ethnic Restaurant by the readers of every publication that ranks restaurants in our state, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Milwaukee Magazine, Shepherd Express, Exclusively Yours, Wisconsin Trails.