VISIT Milwaukee Celebrates Essentiality of Tourism at Annual Meeting
VISIT Milwaukee will also share its plans to speed economic recovery
MILWAUKEE (July 23, 2021) -- On July 28, VISIT Milwaukee will celebrate the essentiality of tourism to the Greater Milwaukee area, honor hospitality businesses and employees, and share its plans to aid in the region’s economic recovery at its hybrid Annual Meeting held at the stunning Miller High Life Theatre.
“While our annual meeting typically celebrates the success of Milwaukee’s tourism industry in the previous year, this year’s will be different,” says VISIT Milwaukee President & CEO Peggy Williams-Smith. “We’re choosing to instead reflect on all of the hospitality heroes who helped our industry make it through the most diffi cult year in its history, while looking forward to Milwaukee’s future and sharing our strategic roadmap for success.”
Without question, tourism plays an essential role in stimulating the local economy. From creating thousands of jobs to supporting local business growth to driving revenue, Milwaukee’s multi-billion dollar tourism economy has never been more critical to Milwaukee’s post-pandemic future and economic recovery.
VISIT Milwaukee is implementing an ambitious plan to bring record levels of leisure, business, and group bookings back to our region. Core to this is filling the soon-to-be expanded Wisconsin Center with group bookings, thereby fueling a long-term, multi-year pipeline of economic impact. VISIT Milwaukee also remains focused on driving short-term bookings through leisure travel and elevating the diversity of our community so all businesses in the Greater Milwaukee region can benefit from tourism.
Wednesday’s meeting will feature guest speakers and elected officials from the area, over 300 in-person guests, and a virtual option for anyone who would like to view the meeting from home. The meeting will also honor hospitality employees and businesses who’ve made a positive impact on the community in the last year.
A cocktail reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres from Levy Catering and music provided by Dream City Jazz will follow the meet ing.
- When: Doors open at 3 p.m.; program begins at 3:30 p.m. on July 28 with reception to follow
- Where: Miller High Life Theatre (500. W Kilbourn Ave.)
Annual Meeting Sponsors
- VISIT Milwaukee thanks the generous sponsors of this meeting and reception.
- Strategic Partner: Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
- Event Venue Sponsors: Miller High Life Theatre; Wisconsin Center District
- Supporting Sponsors: 88Nine Radio Milwaukee; City Tours MKE; Dynamic Events by David Caruso; The Firm LLC; Historic Milwaukee; Lakefront Brewery; Marcus Hotels & Resorts; Milwaukee Magazine; Molson Coors
- Hospitality Sponsors: Harley-Davidson Museum; SITE Chicago; Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Event Support Sponsors: Conference Technologies, Inc.; Exciting Events
- If you plan on covering VISIT Milwaukee’s Annual Meeting, please email email@example.com.
About VISIT Milwaukee
VISIT Milwaukee is a community asset that markets the destination as a top choice for business, convention, and leisure travel to national and international visitors to increase the economic impact of tourism in the region. VISIT Milwaukee has over 600 members, including hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions, services, and area businesses. The Wisconsin Center District, which is undergoing a large-scale expansion slated for completion in 2024, and Potawatomi Hotel & Casino are strategic partners with VISIT Milwaukee, providing funding support for conventions and tourism programs. For more information call (800) 554-1448 or visit www.visitmilwaukee.org.