City of Neighborhoods
Known as a “big city of little neighborhoods,” Milwaukee’s unique neighborhoods are what make up the city’s one-of-a-kind culture. We like it local here, and you’ll find locally-owned restaurants, shops, and businesses throughout the city. Ready to start planning? Check out this sampling of some of the neighborhoods you might explore when you visit Milwaukee!
Avenues West and Marquette
The Avenues West neighborhood is home to the prestigious Marquette University and renowned attractions like the Pabst Mansion and Irish Cultural Center.
- 15th Century Chapel
- Party like a beer baron at the Pabst Mansion
- Art Deco eats
Retro, independent, and energetic – discover the Bay View neighborhood in Milwaukee.
- Double the beer gardens, double the fun
- Home to 4 of Draft Magazine’s 100 Best Beer Bars
- This hill was made for chillin’
History, beer, and riverfront views – discover the Brewers Hill neighborhood in Milwaukee.
- Nationally-ranked brewery tour
- Double-decker patios for farm-to-table food
- Perfect place to park your kayak
History, growth, and celebration – discover Milwaukee's Bronzeville neighborhood.
- Arts on the rise
- Welcomed jazz stars like Ella Fitzgerald & BB King
- Award-winning cold brew
Culture, community, and a vibrant atmosphere – discover Milwaukee's Clarke Square neighborhood.
The world’s only conoidal domes
Shut down the streets at Ciclovia MKE
Mexican meets Vietnamese
Old school and new school, creative, and trend-setting – discover Milwaukee's East Side neighborhood.
- Foodie Must: Ardent
- Family-owned, locally-beloved Italian deli
- First date favorites
Discover the lively East Town neighborhood in the heart of Milwaukee's downtown: shopping, dining, and entertainment in a walk-able and beautiful urban neighborhood.
- The Fresh Coast
- The world’s only flying art museum
- Milwaukee's pint-sized Paris
Industry, revitalization, and miles of waterfront – explore Milwaukee's Harbor District.
- Worlds of Water
- A neighborhood at work
- Tapas Trailblazer
Historic Third Ward
A gem of Milwaukee's downtown, the Historic Third Ward is the city's thriving arts and fashion district. This neighborhood along the Milwaukee river is as unique as its boutique shops and restaurants.
- The world’s largest music festival
- Milwaukee Public Market: 20 vendors, endless options
- Get artsy on Gallery Night & Day
Menomonee River Valley
The Menomonee River Valley is home to some of the biggest names in Milwaukee: Potawatomi, Harley-Davidson, and the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Premier gaming
- 2017 Great American Beer Festival Gold: Third Space Brewing
- Titans of Tailgating
Diverse, artsy and eclectic – explore Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood. This friendly and tight-knit community will make you feel like a local.
- Home of the Riverwest 24
- Top 10 Tiki Bars in the World
- Fuel up at Fuel Cafe
Inclusive, hyper-local, and artistic – explore Milwaukee's Walker's Point neighborhood.
- The creamiest curds
- Wisconsin’s largest and oldest gay dance club
- Crowd-sourced beer
The bustling neighborhood of Westown is home to Historic Old World Third Street, the Milwaukee RiverWalk, the Milwaukee Bucks Arena, and the Wisconsin Center District.
- Fear the deer
- Hammerschlagen: Old German Beer Hall
- Cheese, cheese, and more cheese